Michael Phelps takes on Kobe Bryant in the third of four Round 4 matchups.
- Named after the famous Japanese beef Kobe. His middle name is Bean. His dad’s nickname is Jellybean. Crazy.
- Drafted 13th by the Hornets in ’96, then traded to LA for Vlade Divac. Drafted after Kerry Kittles, Samaki Walker, and Vitaly Potapenko. Sucks for them.
- 11-time All-Star (3-time ASG MVP/’97 Slam Dunk Champion), 10-time All NBA, 8-time All Defense. Also, 2-time Scoring Champion (’06, ’07) as well as the 2008 MVP
- Back-to-back-to-back NBA Champion from ’00-’02. He has yet to win one without Shaq even though the only year he didn’t make the playoffs was in ’04-’05.
- Holds record for 3-pointers in a game (12) and in one half (8)
- Youngest player to score 15000, 20000, and 23000 points. Also the youngest Slam Dunk champion, All-Defensive Team member, and player to start an NBA game
- Won Gold in ’07 with Team USA at the FIBA Americas Championship as well as the gold in Beijing with the Redeem Team.
- People shout his name when they throw out garbage. Also scored over 80 points in a game
Shane’s lack of info once again does not cost someone a loss (luckily). Phelps moves on.