Sidney Crosby takes on Kobe Bryant in this Elite 8 matchup.
- Drafted number 1 overall in 2005
- In his rookie season he was sixth in the league in scoring with 102 points, but finished second in Calder Trophy voting behind Alex Ovechkin
- Won the Art Ross, Hart Memorial trophy, and Lester B. Pearson trophy in his 2nd season. (7th player in history to win all 3 awards in one year)
- Helped Team Canada win silver and gold in 04-05 in the World Junior Championships
- Excluding this seasons stats, he averages more than 1.35 points per game
- Youngest player in history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons
- Became the youngest captain in NHL history
- Weird fact: Crosby wears number 87, his contract is worth $8.7 million per year and his birthday is 8/7/87
- Named after the famous Japanese beef Kobe. His middle name is Bean. His dad’s nickname is Jellybean. Crazy.
- Drafted 13th by the Hornets in ’96, then traded to LA for Vlade Divac. Drafted after Kerry Kittles, Samaki Walker, and Vitaly Potapenko. Sucks for them.
- 11-time All-Star (3-time ASG MVP/’97 Slam Dunk Champion), 10-time All NBA, 8-time All Defense. Also, 2-time Scoring Champion (’06, ’07) as well as the 2008 MVP
- Back-to-back-to-back NBA Champion from ’00-’02. He has yet to win one without Shaq even though the only year he didn’t make the playoffs was in ’04-’05.
- Holds record for 3-pointers in a game (12) and in one half (8)
- Youngest player to score 15000, 20000, and 23000 points. Also the youngest Slam Dunk champion, All-Defensive Team member, and player to start an NBA game
- Won Gold in ’07 with Team USA at the FIBA Americas Championship as well as the gold in Beijing with the Redeem Team.
- People shout his name when they throw out garbage. Also scored over 80 points in a game
Kobe moves on. I don’t like either of them, but Kobe wins. Holla.