Alex Rodriguez takes on Martin Brodeur in the third matchup of Round 3.
- 3 time American League MVP
- 12 time all-star (7 at SS and 5 at 3B)
- Youngest to hit 500 home runs
- Member of the 40-40 club (42 home runs and 46 stolen bases in 1998)
- 10 time Silver Slugger Award winner
- Hit the most home runs by a shortstop in a season (57 in 2002)
- Leads the majors in home runs, RBI’s, runs scored, total bases and extra-base hits since 1996
- Currently has a streak of 11 consecutive seasons of at least 35 home runs and 103 RBI’s
- Career stats: 538-290 record (also has 105 ties and 20 OT losses), 96 shutouts, 2.20 GAA and .914 SV%
- Won the 1994 Calder Trophy (rookie of the year)
- In his 15 year tenure in New Joizey, he has made the playoffs 14 times and has won 3 Stanley Cups.
- 10-time All-Star, 4-time Vezina, 4-time William Jennings Trophy winner
- Won Gold in Salt Lake City with Team Canada, won the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, and recieved a silver medal at the ’05 World Championships
- Owns over 30 New Jersey Devils franchise records (wins, shutouts, lowest GAA, highest SV%, etc.)
- Second in NHL history in both wins and shutouts, 12 conecutive 30 win seasons, 7 overall 40 win seasons (including record 48 wins in ’07)
- Only goalie to score a GWG, as well as only one of two goalies to score both a regular season and playoff goal
After all that has been going on with A-Rod, I have lost all respect for him. He was naive and stupid, and he will not be moving on the the Elite 8. The #5 seeded Brodeur upsets the #1 seeded Rodriguez. Exciting.