LeBron Raymone James faces off against Manuel Aristides Ramírez Onelcida in this intense matchup.
- Three-time Mr. Ohio in high school. At 18, he was selected first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Before his professional debut, he signed a $90 million shoe contract with Nike. $90 million! Before he even played a game!
- 2004 Rookie of the Year. Averaged 21 points, 6 assists, and 5 boards.
- 5-time All Star, 2-time All Star Game MVP, 4-time All NBA
- 2004 ESPY for Best Breakthrough Athlete, 2008 NBA Scoring Champ (averaged 30 points per game)
- One of his most memorable performances came against the Pistons in the ’07 Eastern Conference Finals. He finished the game with 48 points, and scored 29 of the Cavs last 30 points in a double OT win.
- International achievements: Gold in Beijing in ’08, Bronze in Athens in ’04. FIBA World Champion in ’06, FIBA Americas Champion in ’07
- Youngest NBAer to: win Rookie of the Year, record a triple double, score 40, score 50, average 30 points per game in a season, win All-Star MVP, score 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10000, 11000, and 12000 pts
- Career stats: .314 average, 527 homeruns, 1725 RBI
- 12-time All Star, 9-time Silver Slugger, 2-time Hank Aaron Award winner
- 2-time World Series champion, World Series MVP award winner in 2004.
- Led AL in batting average in ’02 (.349), Homeruns in ’04 (43), and RBI in ’99 (165)
- After being traded to the Dodgers last year, he hit .396 with 17 homeruns and 53 RBI (was traded on July 31st)
- Has the most career Grand Slams among active players (second all-time)
- Most career postseason homeruns in MLB history (28). Also one of only 24 players with 500 career homeruns.
- Was a devoted Toronto Blue Jays (??) fan as a child. Thought you should know.
Manny’s carefree nature doesn’t help him here, as LeBron takes the cake.
I would also like to take a moment to remember the 50 lives lost due to Continental Flight 3407. Our prayers go out to all affected by this traumatic event.