One of my favorite MLBers takes on one of my least favorite NFLers in this matchup. Winner meets Griffey in the Sweet 16
- Career stats: 197 TDs, 26446 passing yards, 92.9 rating
- Has a career record of 101-27.
- Set the NFL record for TD passes and TD to interception difference in ’07 when he threw 50 scores and only 8 picks
- 4-time Pro Bowl-er, 2-time All-Pro
- Has won 3 Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX) and was MVP for 2 of them (XXXVI and XXXVIII)
- Won the following awards in ’07: Sporting News Sportsman of the Year, AP Male Athlete of the Year, AP NFL MVP, AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year
- Pretty sure he’s undefeated against the Bills, unless he was their starter when we beat em 31-0 a few years back.
- Sixth round draft pick. Picked after Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger, and Spergon Wynn. Yikes…
- First Japanese-born everyday player in the MLB
- Career MLB stats: .331 average, 1805 hits, 885 runs, 315 stolen bases
- Had 262 hits in 2004 (MLB record). That year he had a .372 average, and broke the records for hits on the road and singles
- 8-time All Star, 8-time Gold Glover
- Won the gold medal at the 2006 World Baseball Classic with Team Japan.
- Only player in major leagues to have 200 hits in his first 4 seasons (he has extended his own record to his first 8 seasons)
- In his rookie year, Ichiro won the AL Rookie of the Year as well as the AL MVP. He batted .350 with 242 hits.
- I owned a green Ichiro 2001 All-Star game jerey. Probably the best jersey I have ever owned.
I love me some Ichiro, and even named my fantasy baseball team after him (The Honey Nut Ichiros) but I gotta give this one to Brady. Heres the updated bracket: