Dwyane (not Dwayne) Wade faces off with Randy Johnson in this intense 4-5 matchup.
Dwyane “Flash” Wade:
- Had the top selling NBA jersey for nearly two years
- Since his pro career started in 2003, he has two Olympic medals (bronze in ’04 and gold in ’08) and an NBA Championship (’06 with the Heat)
- Averages 24 points, 5 boards, and 7 helpers a game. This season he is averaging 29 points per game, a career best.
- Was the finals MVP in 2006
- 5-time All Star, 3-time All-NBA, All-Defense in ’05
- NBA All-Star Skills Challenge Champion in ’06 and ’07. I didn’t even know there was a Skills Challenge competition.
- In 2006 he was named SI’s Sportsman of the Year. Other NBA players to win the award include Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, and Tim Duncan
- Once more, his name is spelled D-w-y-a-n-e not D-w-a-y-n-e. I also hate coming up with eight bullets for each person
Randy “The Big Unit” Johnson
- Started his MLB career with the Montreal Expos. There’s a fun fact for ya.
- Won the 2001 World Series with the Arizona Diamondbacks. It was only the fourth season in franchise history. The beat the Yankees (yes I do like to rub it in)
- Has 295 career wins, 4789 Ks (2nd in MLB history), and a 3.26 ERA. He recorded his 100th career complete game last season
- Was the World Series MVP in ’01. He shared the award with Curt Schilling. He went 5-1 in the playoffs with a 1.52 ERA and 47 Ks.
- 10-time All-Star and 5-time Cy Young award winner.
- Led AL in Ks from ’92-’95 and led the NL in the same category from ’99-’02 and then again in ’04. He pitched a perfect game in 2004 as well.
- Was named SI’s Sportsman of the Year in 2001 after his World Series championship. He shared the award with Curt Schilling again.
- He blew up a bird. That’s how awesome he is.
I’ll give this to Randy J in a close one.