Hmmm, tough one. I’m gonna have to go beyond the numbers for this matchup.
- Led his Colts to a win in Super Bowl XLI. Was selected MVP of the game.
- One of only four players to win the NFL MVP award three times. (Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, and Brett Favre are the others.)
- Highest QB rating among active quarterbacks. He ranks second all-time behind Steve Young
- Was selected 1st overall in the 1998 draft. He is Tennessee’s all-time leader in passing yards, had 89 TD passes, and had a record of 39-6 as a starter
- His dance skills are incredible. He is great with kids. And, he has a laser rocket arm.
- Nickname is “Jaws”. I don’t know how someone came up with that.
- Currently ranked first in the world by the International Federation of Competitive Eating
- Has won back-to-back Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contests. He devoured 66 dogs in 12 minutes to win in ’07, and then won a 5 dog eat-off in ’08.
- His dad’s name is Merlin.
- Owns the world record in the following foods: waffles, jalapeno poppers, grilled cheese sandwiches, pork ribs, horseshoe sandwiches, gyoza(?), pulled pork, asparagus, chicken wings, hot dogs, P’zones, hamburgers, matzo balls, kolaches. Also ate the 8000 calorie Quadruple Bypass burger in 1 minute 47 seconds.
Now I’ve been a fan of Joey C. for a while now, in fact I even wrote a blog about him, but this really isn’t a close matchup. Peyton moves on.