Sadly in this case, good looks can’t get you to the second round. Unless you consider Larry Fitzgerald to be better looking than Jennie Finch, in which case you might as well go slice your retinas.
- Was on the cover of NCAA Football 2005. In 26 games at Pitt, he had 161 catches for 2,677 yards, as well as scoring 34 TDs. He set an NCAA record by catching a TD in 18 straight games.
- Selected 3rd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft, and in his rookie year he had over 700 yards and 8 TDs. The Bills got Lee Evans and JP Losman that year. Awesome.
- In his second year in the league, he led the league with 103 catches. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl that year. ’05 marked the third time in NFL history in which two recievers on the same team had over 100 catches.
- Career stats: 426 catches, 5,975 yards, and 46 TDs.
- He has been a beast in the playoffs. He caught 3 TDs in the NFC Championship Game against the Eagles to lead his Cardinals to their first Super Bowl in team history. His 419 yards this postseason are the most in NFL History, and he has a game to play.
- Voted most attractive female athlete in an ESPN poll. She beat out Anna Kournikova for the cherished prize. She was also in SI’s Swimsuit Edition in ’05-’06.
- In high school she lettered in softball four times, and in basketball and volleyball twice a piece. She was the captain of all three sports teams in her senior season.
- Her #27 jersey was retired by the University of Arizona in ’03. She won 24 games her freshman yr, 29 the next year, went a whopping 32-0 in her junior yr and won 24 times her final season as a Wildcat. When she left U of A, she was 12th all time in victories. She had 1,028 Ks in college.
- Went 2-0 in the 2004 Olympics to lead Team USA to the gold. Team USA also won a silver in the ’08 Beijing Games.
- Her real last name is Daigle. And she was on Celebrity Apprentice.
Fitzgerald wins it. I will be rooting for him to beat the Steelers on February 1.