This is a toughy…not.
- In his 14 years in New Jersey, he has gained more than 30 franchise records (regular season and playoff wins, shutouts, games and minutes played by a goalie, points by a goalie, lowest GAA and highest save %)
- Won the Calder Memorial Trophy in ’95, 4-time William M. Jennings Trophy winner, 4-time Vezina Trophy winner
- Won the Stanley Cup in ’95, ’00, and ’03. Also won an Olympic gold in ’02
- 2nd overall in wins and shutouts (544 and 98 respectively). Holds the record for most consecutive 30 win seasons (12) as well as overall 40 win seasons (7). Won 48 games in ’07 (NHL Record)
- Has 94 playoff wins and 22 playoff shutouts (both 2nd most in NHL history).
- Won ESPY for Best Male Soccer Player in ’04 and Besy MLS Player in ’08
- Was inducted into the English Football HOF in ’08
- 111 Career goals in 583 appearances
- Only English player to ever score in three World Cups. Also was the fifth player in World Cup history to score twice from a direct free kick
- He’s married to a Spice Girl. I guess that counts for something, right?
I think I’m gonna have to go with Brodeur on this one. I know, shocker.
Here’s the updated bracket: