Yesterday, with grass stains on his white shirt and the Spanish flag in his hand, Rafael Nadal ran through centre court celebrating his historic win at Wimbledon. Nadal beat the 5 time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer. Roger won the last 5 times just like Bjorn Borg did until John McEnroe beat him in the 1981 Wimbledon final. A lot of people thought that Federer was unbeatable on grass, but I guess not. The match lasted 4 hours 48 minutes long, the longest match ever at Wimbledon. Nadal was the first person since Bjorn Borg to win Wimbledon and the French Open in the same year. Also, one day after winning this historical match, Nadal isn’t playing in the Mercedes Cup due to his knee injury. This was Nadals first win in the last four years outside the Frennch Open.
- RT @bobby: 3. the wire 2. the sopranos 1. this two-minute clip of nathan for you https://t.co/OeOY3U9UOv 21 hours ago
- RT @MalloryRubin: "There are five picks: One for each of the Stark children." https://t.co/PYESw5EdHA 1 day ago
- Nathan Peterman: Five interceptions since 4:05 PM Tom Brady: Five interceptions since December 13, 2015 1 day ago
- Anthony Lynn is going to beat us by 50. I need Perry Fewell to come kill me now. 1 day ago
- Making it too easy for Shaun King twitter.com/billsequipment… 1 day ago
What’s going on?
- 125,834 hits