Yesterday, with grass stains on his white shirt and the Spanish flag in his hand, Rafael Nadal ran through centre court celebrating his historic win at Wimbledon. Nadal beat the 5 time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer. Roger won the last 5 times just like Bjorn Borg did until John McEnroe beat him in the 1981 Wimbledon final. A lot of people thought that Federer was unbeatable on grass, but I guess not. The match lasted 4 hours 48 minutes long, the longest match ever at Wimbledon. Nadal was the first person since Bjorn Borg to win Wimbledon and the French Open in the same year. Also, one day after winning this historical match, Nadal isn’t playing in the Mercedes Cup due to his knee injury. This was Nadals first win in the last four years outside the Frennch Open.
- RT @Eddy_Kruger: Using shift to capitalize the first letter when caps lock is on https://t.co/IDOw4G0UiB 8 hours ago
- RT @donnieburtless: @cgoodz twitter.com/sabresgoaladay… 2 days ago
- @donnieburtless So goddamn good 2 days ago
- RT @cgoodz: Will Terry Pegula cry at tomorrow's press conference? 2 days ago
- twitch.tv/burtless watch me and @donnieburtless play NHL 2 days ago
What’s going on?
- 125,647 hits