Yesterday, with grass stains on his white shirt and the Spanish flag in his hand, Rafael Nadal ran through centre court celebrating his historic win at Wimbledon. Nadal beat the 5 time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer. Roger won the last 5 times just like Bjorn Borg did until John McEnroe beat him in the 1981 Wimbledon final. A lot of people thought that Federer was unbeatable on grass, but I guess not. The match lasted 4 hours 48 minutes long, the longest match ever at Wimbledon. Nadal was the first person since Bjorn Borg to win Wimbledon and the French Open in the same year. Also, one day after winning this historical match, Nadal isn’t playing in the Mercedes Cup due to his knee injury. This was Nadals first win in the last four years outside the Frennch Open.
- @BarstoolTrent I cried at this show 13 hours ago
- Was just reminded of the greatest tweet of all time twitter.com/ewang77/status… 13 hours ago
- @BuffaloGinger @Anthony_Kroese https://t.co/PAuEZqGpLB 15 hours ago
- @BuffaloGinger @Anthony_Kroese I can't wait to celebrate his storied career on the 30th. It's going to be an emotional night. 15 hours ago
- @thecrimsonchin5 Because they're the best 17 hours ago
What’s going on?
- 125,737 hits