Yesterday, with grass stains on his white shirt and the Spanish flag in his hand, Rafael Nadal ran through centre court celebrating his historic win at Wimbledon. Nadal beat the 5 time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer. Roger won the last 5 times just like Bjorn Borg did until John McEnroe beat him in the 1981 Wimbledon final. A lot of people thought that Federer was unbeatable on grass, but I guess not. The match lasted 4 hours 48 minutes long, the longest match ever at Wimbledon. Nadal was the first person since Bjorn Borg to win Wimbledon and the French Open in the same year. Also, one day after winning this historical match, Nadal isn’t playing in the Mercedes Cup due to his knee injury. This was Nadals first win in the last four years outside the Frennch Open.
- RT @LouisTerreri: Squad deep as fuck coming in hot to Jps 10 hours ago
- @Kummer3000 Me walking in https://t.co/R19svaqoth 16 hours ago
- @Kummer3000 JPs won’t know what hit them this evening 18 hours ago
- @Kummer3000 I need your opinion on the hat I just bought. Good purchase or great purchase? https://t.co/8dISkzrkfw 18 hours ago
- RT @nigglysaurus: https://t.co/3Wi9YwshE0 1 day ago
What’s going on?
- 125,855 hits