Yesterday, with grass stains on his white shirt and the Spanish flag in his hand, Rafael Nadal ran through centre court celebrating his historic win at Wimbledon. Nadal beat the 5 time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer. Roger won the last 5 times just like Bjorn Borg did until John McEnroe beat him in the 1981 Wimbledon final. A lot of people thought that Federer was unbeatable on grass, but I guess not. The match lasted 4 hours 48 minutes long, the longest match ever at Wimbledon. Nadal was the first person since Bjorn Borg to win Wimbledon and the French Open in the same year. Also, one day after winning this historical match, Nadal isn’t playing in the Mercedes Cup due to his knee injury. This was Nadals first win in the last four years outside the Frennch Open.
- RT @Francos_Pizza: The smallest member of the Franco's team is begging you to vote for us. Look how freakin' adorable he is. https://t.co… 10 minutes ago
- @BuffaloEats https://t.co/Dgc2KAdfod 3 hours ago
- Once again, I have absolutely no affiliation with either franchise. But everyone should vote for Franco's twitter.com/buffaloeats/st… 3 hours ago
- @NateGearyWGR Elevator down one flight is a bad look. But I'm taking that bad boy up regardless of the flight count 1 day ago
- @PardonMyTake shooters shoot https://t.co/pVKJKzyAY6 1 day ago
What’s going on?
- 125,681 hits